The Center for Education Integrating Science Mathematics and Computing (CEISMC) at Georgia Tech seeks dynamic individuals for its 2019-20 Innovators-in-Residence cohort. These individuals will partner with teachers in several metro-Atlanta schools to develop and implement quality STEAM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Art-Math) curriculum. Although candidates are not required to have any formal background or training in education, they all must have a passion for tinkering, design, invention, computer science, making, or art, as well as STEAM education. Candidates with a background in mathematics are especially encouraged to apply.
More information about the first cohort of Innovators in 2017 can be found here.
- Duration: June 1, 2019 - May 31, 2020 (Paid training in April 2019)
- $20/hour, 20 hours per week. Must be available during the day.
- Bi-weekly cohort meetings focused on collaboration across the cohort
- Work collaboratively with teachers to support student-centered projects in the classroom.
- Support after-school programs for students
- Create and present portfolio of the work completed during residency.
- You like making, creating, building, teaching, sharing, and learning.
- You like to or are interested in providing innovative and engaging experiences to youth in schools.
- You like finding ways to incorporate technology into your work.
- You are an effective communicator.
- You have a positive, creative, organized, and flexible personality